PHP the most demanding open source web development technology which comes with Hypertext Preprocessor and server-side scripting language. For the purpose of faster and simplified web application development, PHP frameworks are being developed. Throughout these PHP frameworks, the complex coding process will easily make throughout the readymade components.
As usual, development time could be saved and the coding burden could be lower well using best PHP frameworks and the top 10 PHP frameworks are described as follows. According to your expertise, development types and timeline, you need to choose the right PHP framework for your web development purpose.
- Codelgniter framework for beginners
Codelgniter PHP framework is preferred by most of the developers because of its pre-developed modules which simplify the coding tasks and accelerate the app development speed.
- The highest speed of web app development.
- Highly recommended for beginners because of the simpler set of libraries.
- For around the last 12 years, it has been serving consistently with minimal pitfalls.
- Well-illustrated and user-friendly database.
- An inbuilt ORM is not available with it.
- Edit of existing Codes is not easier.
- Laravel framework (Advanced)
Laravel the popular open-source PHP frameworks (2011) helps web developers in developing the most powerful complex web applications by simplifying general tasks like caching, routing, security, and authentication.
- Laravel has an advanced PHP framework containing excellent features to develop great full-bodied web apps.
- Complex backend database with customization development
- It comes with data migration, MVC architecture support, and higher-level security.
- Faster and highly secured web app development
Only highly experienced developers can work with this framework.
- Symfony MVC Extensible framework
Symfony is known as the earliest extensive PHP framework, introduced in 2005 follows all PHP standards. It has many similar features like Laravel and gives a very close result. So, you can choose either Laravel or Symphony for your web development purpose.
- It is flexible to get integrated with other projects such as Drupal with easier installation on different platforms.
- Due to its interoperability, it enables to use of various building blocks of software such as forms and translation management.
- Faster mobile application development and editing are possible here due to its code reusable mechanism, a module system, and it needs just a little memory space.
It’s basically designed for expert web developers and hard for Beginners to work with the security mechanisms.
- CakePHP (CRUD)
In 2005, CakePHP the CRUD framework came to use with an extensible architecture to develop simple but attractive applications.
- Easy to learn, use and understand and recommended for beginners as CRUD stands for creating, read, update, and delete.
- Create standalone libraries and improved session management.
- Additional security for cross-site request forgery (CSRF) protection, cross-site scripting (XSS) protection, and input control.
- Phalcon (Full-stack)
Phalcon , a full-stack framework released in 2012 which was written in C & Coo language.
Easy to install, fast with minimal memory space consumption, and used for caching, asset management, and universal autoloader
- FuelPHP (MVC and HMVC)
FueIPHP supports MVC and HMVC architecture.
Consumes lesser memory with highest security added project
- Yii 2 (Backend development)
The Yii is a backend development based framework that is used for web apps. It comes with a lazy loading tactic to obtain fast loading time. It’s not fit for complex web applications.
- Easily interoperable with other PHP frameworks like Zend and supports Ajax
- Lightweight framework with faster performance
- Cookie tampering and SOL injection security feature to defend your web apps from potential attacks.
- It’s a great option for e-commerce projects and CMS based forums
- Slim (Microframework)
SLIM is the PHP micro-frameworks for the creation of high-quality APIs.
- Suitable for beginners as it is simple to study
- Simple static and user-friendly small size web apps
- PHPixie (HVMC)
It uses HMVC architecture to develop high performing web apps.
Easy to use with independent components
- Zend (OOPS)
Zend is an object-oriented based extendible PHP framework which helps incorporate custom improved functionalities that match their projects.
Extended Community oriented base, Highly flexible, Excellent speed and competence, Light weight.